Saturday, June 17, 2017

{ That riding mower packs a punch }

Ok, it is 9:23 PM and I'm sitting in bed, with my Marley asleep next to me.

I had just gotten into bed actually when I realized that I had forgotten to do a post today.  See if this had happened any other time, like say 2015 or 2016, I would have just not posted.  Shamefully I admit that there were weeks that I didn't even remember I had a blog.

I don't know how I did that or how I allowed my brain to even go there, but it did.  What a bummer, but I'm being really good about blogging right now, mainly because as I work on the books it reminds me just how much I loved blogging and how important it is to have all my days recorded.

Anyway, I went completely off track here, sorry.

Back to today.

I was about to lay down and watch my Ghost Adventures and realized I forgot to post, so I got up, went to fetch my laptop and came back to bed.  With a big smile on my face, mind you :)

Today, Curt and I worked on the yards.  We're not done yet, but we got quite a bit accomplished.  All that is left is the fenced in back yard where Marley goes and then one area in the far back of the property, but we have to remove some big tree stumps that fell down during a thunderstorm.

If you haven't been reading my blog, then you won't know that my husband got a riding mower for Father's Day.  No, it wasn't paid up front, we are on a budget, but one car gets paid off next week, and another bill gets paid 3 months after.  So we went through Aaron's and are paying this mower off, it's a must for the big property we live on.

Oh goodness, I just did it again, went off track.  I must be tired because I seem to be randomly babbling and not really getting to the point.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, let's try again LOL

I didn't want to get on the mower at first, it goes pretty fast and I felt a little intimidated, but I love work, I love yard word and mowing and getting in there, I've never shied away from any kind of work no matter what it is.

Hubby asked if I wanted to learn how to use this mower and I said yes.

Let me tell you, I'm glad we don't have many neighbors around because I took off on the thing and screamed for a bit.   Once I got the hang of it though, I mowed a big patch in no time, and really enjoyed being out there in the sun, talking to God and just enjoying the roar of the mower.

The mailman came right as I was done and dropped off these.

June 17, 2017

Another book for review.  I reviewed a book by the same author, I think a few weeks ago.  When the opportunity came up for this new one, I had to jump on it. 

June 17, 2017

I also got this box full of pamphlets and travel brochures for Oklahoma.  I requested them last week and they got here pretty quickly.

We're trying to plan some fun family activities for this summer, especially knowing that soon Jasmine will be moving out.  I took a quick peek through these and there's so many cool places, I can't wait to sit down with these.

The rest of my Saturday was spent doing laundry, because you know, that's never ending.

We ended the day with a quick run down to Wichita Falls because Panda Express FINALLY opened.  Until now, the only time we got to enjoy it was if we were in Oklahoma City or Lawton, which is a little out of the way for us.

I don't think I need to tell you how incredibly insane the place was.  It was packed inside with a huge line all the way to the door.  People were coming by, walking in and making a quick u turn and leaving.  We decided to go through the drive thru, and even that took a long time.  I think we were in line for 30 minutes and the cars were all the way around the corner.

I guess this is what happens when a much anticipated and wanted place comes to town.

Of course I ate, and ate and ate, which I always do when I get Panda Express.  I can't help it, I love it so much.  I had the chow mein, Kung Pao chicken and Beijing Beef.  Notice the pattern there?  Always go for the spicy stuff  Hahaha

June 17, 2017

Well, that was basically my Saturday.  Tomorrow there will be more yard work, more work on the gun for Jasmine's cosplay and I'm hoping some reading.  I have far too many review books and need to keep cracking on with those.

Right now though, I'm going to turn this computer off, watch my Ghost Adventures which thankfully is on the DVR, and then get some sleep.

Have a great night y'all!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

I loved reading about your day. I giggled as I pictured the lawn mower adventure! I tried to get on one of those fast big ones and wrecked. It scared me to death! Lol!