Sunday, July 02, 2017

{ Let them eat cake }

Sunday's are my kitchen days.  I usually bake, especially if I have anything that needs using up.  I stock up on cookies, replenish any homemade mixes that are running out, or make freezer breakfast burritos.

Today I baked 3 different cakes.  A delicious Victoria Sponge which is a family favorite.

 Victoria Sponge

A banana bread because I had bananas that were going bad.

 Banana Bread

And a Date and Nut Loaf which my sister in law loves, so mainly did it for her.

Date and Nut Loaf

Now this wasn't all for us, we had the family over for coffee/tea and cake this afternoon.  See my sister in law's mom and aunt are visiting, like I mentioned yesterday.  But Tiffany also just got married and she came by just for a 2 days to pick up her stuff and then is heading on to San Diego with her new husband.

It feels so weird saying that about my little girl, I feel like it was just yesterday that I was babysitting her as a baby.  Time sure flies.

Anyway, everyone came over so we could say goodbye to Tiffany and Steven, as we're not sure when we'll see them again, probably just Christmas time.

We sat at the table, we enjoyed delicious cakes, we had coffee and tea and we laughed and told family stories, and so on.  Goodbyes are never easy but the kids are growing up and setting off on their own and it's just a hard thing to get used to.

July 2, 2017

I've always found the kitchen to be one of my favorite rooms in the house, it makes me happy to be surrounded by pots and pans and cooking utensils, ingredients and cookbooks and everything that makes a great meal.

July 2, 2017

Also helps when you have beautiful bakeware to enjoy.  You know it's been so many years since I purchased these Temp-Tations.....wait, actually I think my husband got me these for Christmas one year.  That is right, he did, he knew I had been wanting these for a while.  :)

July 2, 2017

Oh and here's one of my latest tips in the kitchen.  I have this adorable Grease crockware that I didn't know what to do with.  I just popped it next to my sink with a plastic bag, and it's become my trash little container for when I'm cooking or baking etc.  Makes it easier to have a place to pop everything in instead of constantly walking back and forth to the trash can across the kitchen.

July 2, 2017

We also did a bit more yard work and cleaned and reorganized inside the house.  I know it seems like that's all I say the past few days, but it's honestly what is going on around here.

No matter what is going on throughout my day, how busy it is, or how many chores I have to get through, I always end my day with a smile on my face, because I'm doing what I love. 

I'm hoping to make a few cute things tomorrow and I'll share them with you if I get to it, but I'm not sure if I have everything I need to make them.  We'll see!!!

We are also having a 4th of July Barbecue on Tuesday, with the whole family, so I'll be getting ready for that as well tomorrow.  Just another normal day of homemaking. 

How are you all celebrating the 4th this year?  Any of you vacationing somewhere, having barbecues with friends and family, watching a fireworks display in your town?

No comments: